Thursday, July 30, 2009

brief 21st birthday celebration(continuation)

Alright nicol, you win... Yea, so here's the 2nd part of the sequence... Enjoy!

Meeting chronicle 2:

Wednesday:
"Tis the day...!", I said to myself. "Whatever happens, happens...". The usual routine was laid at its place, everything seemed to go at its own pace. Right after class, that's where the 'meeting' arrangement began. Keng Sing came up to me and told me that the other group members for IT(refer to the previous post) were to go to his house for the discussion. Hence, I followed him to his humble abode whereby I was playing some IGoogle game called 'Electricman 2' while waiting patiently for the rest to come.

It was around 5.45pm when I reached his house. Half past 6, Hui Yen called and asked us to divert our course of meeting to MCD's as it was a heavy jam at the opposite side of UCSI university. "Alright, no problem. We'll head there as soon as we can for the 'MEETING'...". There zoomed the both of us, right back to taman connaught. Immediately upon reaching, I darted in to MCD's just to find no trace of any of my group members... "Wah liau, I thought they already reach liau wan... Hmmm...", a silent thought occured as I sat on 1 of the chairs. Keng Sing, being himself, went out to call the girls I presume. Moments pass, and Hui Yen finally reached with her band of girls in her car. From MCD's, our appointment shifted to Ampang... *Wow, how meeting places can progress so quickly from one to the other*

Our tour around MRR2 brought us to this place called Ampang, and we reached there around 8.40pm where we ordered our food and beverages. The moment I stepped foot into the restaurant(it's a thai restaurant, serving real authentic thai delicacies and generous portion as well by the name of.... I forgot... 21 years old dy ma! Where can remember so many things...), I was greeted by a couple of 'Happy Birthday' wishes that came my direction. "Thanks so much!" I replied. We had our meal, were chit-chatting away, took times and folds of pictures. Before the clock striked a particular time to indicate our departing from that place, Sin Yee smuggled a bag of tissue papers into Hui Yen's handbag... Coooool~ "Ok, so, that's the end of my 'meeting'... Simple and nice... Great food!" I thought. Everyone bade their goodbyes to one another, making it more believable that that's the end of our 'meeting'.

I predicted up until this part of the 'meeting' that it would take place... However, it was not so for the following...
*************************************************************************************

(Around 11pm at night):
As we reached taman connaught, I asked Keng Sing to stop me by the petrol station, as in Cheras, it's well known for the longest pasar malam in KL, so with the crowd over there, even if a man gets trampled to pancake size there, nobody will know... That's how congested the crowd is. Anyway, as I opened the door and was about to step out, Keng Sing pulled my hand and asked me not to leave... Whoah... What's the occasion... I wanna go back already, am I prohibited from leaving the car? Goodness... Then he took a turn out and parked at Samosa(a cafe right in front of my university) "Alright, go get your car!" That time, Syeet Yeng, Jae Sean, Elaine, Cindy, Shen Yean and Keng Sing were already there. Where were the others? Hmmm... Fishy...

I walked up to get my car, drove it down and as I reached the exit, lo and behold...!

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you!"
"Happy birthday to Joseph, happy birthday to you....!"

Sin Yee was walking towards my direction as they were singing the song...
What a sight to behold, friends celebrating your birthday.... .... in the most unimaginable way possible... >>> 21 small candles around my cake! OH MY GOODNESS......... I need a fire extinguisher!!!

Anyway, my smile ceased as they had me make my birthday wish which I closed my eyes and wished that... *no disclosing!* Then, I opened up my eyes, blew the candle, and as I was about to lift up my head... *Splat!.... Splat, splat splat!* They threw white cream on my face with tissue papers! The ones taken from the thai restaurant! My whole face was covered with snow-white cream, till my eyes resembled those of santa claus' beard! Not only that, even my shirt, pants and car weren't spared! Scary... Now I know how much they hate me as they relinquished their wrath and fury with flurry of cream-blows on me... HAHAHAHA! Just kidding!

It was really fun all in all... We took more pictures, and soon in just a night, I became like a renowned star, except that I was more down to earth. And guess what... Someone whom I didn't mention earlier in the previous post came to celebrate my birthday too... Guess who...? It's non other than the infamous 'without-E'... Nicol!!! Hahaha... It was a blunder when she came lar.. Cause soon after she reached, she just had the itch to take the strawberry on my cake, coat it thick with cake cream and marked my face like that of a jungle warrior(2 stripes on both sides of my cheek) Yea, incoming pictures! Honour was given to her, because not only did she came late; amidst her busy schedule, she still made time and came all the way to taman connaught to celebrate my birthday, and in return, I just had to accompany her to the night market, along with the rest! Haha...

Basically, all these took place on wednesday, and it will remain memorable as it stays in this blog of mine, but even technology can fail at times. However, what remains permanently, is in this 10gb memory brain-disk of mine. Thanks guys for such a great birthday celebration! =D

1 comment:

  1. And you forget to mention i gave you a necktie... Ahem ahem...
    How could you!!
    just kidding...

    ReplyDelete